Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
The Cook Shire Council is a progressive and forward-thinking organisation with a rich blend of culture and community connections and collaboration. The Council offers tremendous positive opportunities and provides for a bright, healthy and sustainable future for the Shire, its residents and the communities. Become a part of a flourishing and innovative Council and help drive and shape the future development of Cook Shire.
The Project Engineer is responsible for assisting in the delivery of projects and contracts within the Engineering Services Department and reports to the Manager Engineering. You will also be involved in subdivision and development assessment, certification and managing private works on Shire managed land. This position also takes overall responsibility to plan, lead and deliver much of the Shire's projects and capital works program which will include managing contractors and consulting engineers.
Council is seeking a person that has a genuine desire to contribute to Council's broader infrastructure division and the sustainable development of the local region.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be keen to learn, develop and progress your career;
- Be an advocate for innovation and technology advancements;
- Have a genuine desire to live and work in Far North Queensland;
- Be a confident communicator in both written and verbal formats; and
- Have a commitment to a positive safety culture.
Experience and Qualifications required:
- Bachelor's degree or higher qualification in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification in a related field together with asset management experience;
- Experience in managing urban and civil infrastructure projects;
- Experience in engineering design, traffic and transport design;
- Demonstrated experience in the development and monitoring of budgets and experience preparing cost estimation for various projects (recurrent and capital);
- A sound understanding of project management principles and processes;
- 2 - 5 years' experience in a similar role; and
- C Class open driver's license.
Council is offering an excellent salary package and conditions including generous superannuation and significant salary sacrifice options.
Apply with covering letter addressing the Position section of this information pack.
The application period for this role ends on 22nd July 2019 at 5pm.