Project Engineer Civil |
Tablelands Regional Council | Atherton, North Qld
- Plan and deliver roads, bridges and drainage infrastructure projects
- Provide technical advice for project planning, design, construction and maintenance
- Manage procurement, contract performance and project delivery
Tablelands Regional Council is seeking an experienced engineering professional to deliver capital works projects for roads, bridges and drainage infrastructure programs. Reporting to the Manager Roads and Projects, the Project Engineer Civil develops project estimates and forward scheduling and is part of a multidisciplinary team.
Key features of this role include:
- Operational planning and delivery of capital works projects, including scoping and estimating.
- Promoting continuous improvements and best practice delivery of infrastructure projects.
- Managing contract performance through effective procurement and contract management.
- Contributing technical expertise to council's infrastructure planning and design.
- Build positive working relationships across the organisation, industry stakeholders and the community.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent (mandatory).
- High-level knowledge of engineering standards for design, construction and maintenance of roads, bridges and drainage infrastructure.
- Highly developed communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to influence outcomes and manage stakeholders.
- Experience in project management, asset management planning, capital works programs, project budgets, estimates and project scheduling.
This is an ideal opportunity to live and work in an iconic tropical region and develop your project engineering civil career in a supportive work environment. Council is offering an excellent package including five weeks annual leave, up to 12% superannuation, salary sacrifice options, and professional development.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5 pm Monday 24 January 2022.