Project Engineer | Burke Shire Council
Far North West Qld
- Project management and delivery of civil and water infrastructure
- Competitive salary package with housing, relocation assistance and vehicle
- Located on the south coast of the Gulf of Carpentaria
Burke Shire Council is seeking a Project Engineer to project manage Council's infrastructure construction and maintenance works. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Project Engineer will provide technical support in the planning and delivery of capital and operational works.
A key focus is project managing capital and operational expenditure infrastructure projects, ensuring that all works are costed, constructed and managed safely and infrastructure asset whole of life costs are minimised.
- Provide professional engineering support, advice and assistance to Council staff and external stakeholders with a specific focus on project management.
- Provide technical advice and engineering solutions for a pipeline of projects.
- Work closely with council's engineering team and technical officers, providing support and technical advice to customer and stakeholder generated enquiries.
- Assist with the development of estimates and scheduling of proposed capital and operational works projects.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or other relevant fields.
- Experience in contract management, construction supervision and/or similar role.
- Demonstrated community infrastructure project management experience.
- Well-developed computer skills in MS Office (incl. Project)
- Knowledge of applicable engineering design and construction specifications.
- A customer service focus with well-developed communication skills.
Council is offering an attractive remuneration package, including 12% superannuation, accommodation, relocation assistance and vehicle including limited private use. This role allows for excellent work life balance in a region that offers a great tropical climate and unlimited outdoor pursuits in the Gulf of Carpentaria.
A great opportunity to make this role your own and contribute to the community you live in. If you're ready for a rewarding career move and to be supported in your professional development - apply now!
How to Apply
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 12 April 2021.