Program Leader Road Maintenance and Capital Works | Key Role | City of Hobart
City of Hobart Council is seeking a Program Leader Road Maintenance and Capital Works to lead and facilitate the effective coordination and management of capital works projects and road maintenance activities.
Reporting to the Manager Roads and Capital Works, the Program Leader Road Maintenance and Capital Works will play a key role in the management of community assets and the provision of services.
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all requirements of Workplace Health & Safety policies and Procedures are followed across a range of projects, including minor repair maintenance.
- Motivating, managing and supervising a team of employees who are responsible for the undertaking of maintenance and road capital works projects.
- Monitoring the quality, effectiveness and safe delivery of works.
Benefits of the Role
- Supportive management structure with professional career development opportunities.
- Opportunity to develop high standards of excellence in the Council's approach to Workplace Health and Safety across Roads and Capital Works Projects.
- Flexible working conditions.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or acceptable equivalent.
- High-level experience in project management practices, tendering and contract management.
- High-level technical skills to plan, implement and evaluate projects and services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Safe Work Australia Codes of Practice.
- Previous experience providing leadership and motivating team members.
- Ability to provide technical expertise.
- Excellent communication and consultation skills to undertake effective engagement with the community and relevant stakeholders.
Working and Living in the Region
Connections between nature, history, culture, art, businesses and local communities are the social fabric that makes City of Hobart a desirable place to live. With an estimated population of 220,000, City of Hobart is one of five local government areas in Tasmania and the second least populated capital city in Australia.
Nestled amongst the foothills of Mt Wellington, Hobart combines creative public artworks and heritage charm with a cosmopolitan lifestyle in a setting of exceptional beauty. Close to the city centre are sandy beaches that line the shores of seaside suburbs and natural bushland that offers secluded environments for relaxing weekend retreats. It's no wonder Lonely Planet has called Hobart one of the top ten spots to visit in the world right now!
How to Apply
Apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack.
For a confidential discussion please contact Gemma Sheridan on 0407 009 243.
The closing date for applications is 5pm Monday 20 January 2020.