Procurement Support Officer - Temp Role - 3 months
- Support procurement activities, prepare contract documentation
- Assist with developing procurement plans
- 3-month contract, excellent work environment
Leading Roles is seeking a proactive Procurement Support Officer to assist our local government client in South-east Queensland. As the Procurement Support Officer, you will review purchase requisitions, provide advice to business units on best practice procurement methods and liaise with suppliers regarding Council tenders or quotes.
This is a 3-month contract (possible extension) with immediate start, working in a supportive team environment and a great opportunity to share knowledge and take the next step in your career.
- Assist with revising and updating procurement procedures and templates
- Assist in the development of Request for Quote/Tender documentation
- Advise and liaise with business units and suppliers to ensure procurement processes are compliant with council policy and legislation
- Maintain accurate records to ensure compliance with the Public Records Act 2002.
- Liaise with business units and suppliers - writing letters, responding to phone enquiries and providing customer service excellence
Essential skills and experience
- Procurement and purchasing experience in medium-sized local government organization
- Current knowledge of relevant statutory requirements including the Local Government Act 2009 and Local Government Regulation 2012
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate computer skills - Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of procurement processes and governance around tendering and quoting in a public sector context
- Highly organised with an ability to prioritise and multitask
How to Apply
Please apply now as the application period will close once a suitable applicant has been identified.