Principal Internal Auditor | Gladstone Regional Council
- Lead and develop a specialist high performance team
- Build organisation wide capability
- Enjoy a generous salary and lifestyle benefits
Gladstone Regional Council is seeking a Principal Internal Auditor to lead the independent internal audit assurance service at Council.
Reporting to the General Manager Finance Governance and Risk, the Principal Internal Auditor will lead a planned approach to the evaluation and effectiveness of operational, internal control, risk management and governance processes across Council.
- Lead and develop a small, specialist high- performance team.
- Establish strong and collaborative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop, implement and evaluate control mechanisms across the organisation including the audit plan, the section's operational plan and budget.
- Build organisation wide capability on compliance of control mechanisms.
Qualifications, skills and attributes:
- Extensive experience in carrying out audits and risk related investigations (preferably in the local government environment).
- Demonstrated significant experience and success in building high performance teams.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to manage complex issues in a regulatory environment.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Highly developed skills and experience in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (or a related discipline) with substantial internal auditing experience, knowledge and expertise in undertaking investigations and reviewing complex projects.
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone region that focuses on working together to balance the Region's lifestyle and opportunity.
How to Apply
Please visit 1754 - Candidate Information Pack - Final.pdf to download the candidate information package and apply or contact Belinda Walker on 0411 449 447 for a confidential discussion about the role.
Applications close 5pm Tuesday 26 April 2022.