Media and Communications Officer | Balonne Shire Council | St George, Qld
- Deliver and write contemporary media and communications content
- Optimise media opportunities and events
- Kick start your career - Graduate Opportunity
Balonne Shire Council is seeking a media and communications professional to deliver timely, relevant, accurate, and consistent information across different mediums including print, radio, television, online and social media. As the Media and Communications Officer, you will maximise media coverage, build relationships with key stakeholders, and engage with the community to promote and expand the Council's media presence.
Opportunities and Challenges:
- Showcase your digital media skills on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Become an integral part of the community while expanding media opportunities.
- Prepare press releases, speeches, briefing notes, and presentations that represent the voice of the Council.
- Act as a critical link between Council and the media.
- Broaden media knowledge and experience in a rural environment.
Qualifications, skills and attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications, or business is highly desirable.
- Exceptional research and writing skills to produce relevant and up-to-date content.
- Knowledge of contemporary communications and social media technology.
- Excellent communication skills to consult with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, graphic and/or web design.
Proud of its arts and culture, Balonne Shire Council promotes sustainable communities and healthy lifestyles. It's time to swap the long commutes and traffic jams for a tree change in a vibrant and friendly community.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Friday 20 May 2022.