Media and Communications Officer | Balonne Shire Council | St George, Qld
Are you a former journalist or content specialist who is ready to take on a creative and challenging role where no two days are the same?
Leading Roles is seeking a talented communications champion who knows how to craft newsworthy stories that engage and connect with local communities in the Balonne Shire.
As the Media and Commmunications Officer for Balonne Shire Council, you will be the central point for all media activity, including coordinating council spokespeople for radio, television and media interviews.
- Write and publish timely relevant information, communication and messages and proactively create new opportunities to inform, consult and engage local communities.
- Prepare media statements and develop media contacts across the relevant media landscape to promote news coverage of council and its activities.
- Develop social media campaigns and report on campaign insights to improve the channel/campaign performance.
- Review, implement and maintain Council's corporate communications and community engagement policies and strategies to ensure a consistent approach across the organisation.
Experience and qualifications required:
- Tertiary qualifications in communication, public relations, marketing or related field
- Minimum two (2) years' relevant professional experience, in similar positions
- Exceptional writing, researching, editing and proofreading skills and a passion for producing engaging content.
- Sound knowledge of current and emerging social media technology, trends, risks and opportunities and how these apply to a corporate environment.
- Well organised with a proven ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines and competing priorities.
There's plenty of scope to make this role your own and contribute to the community you live in. If you're ready for a rewarding career move - apply now!
Living and working in the Region
Proud of its arts and culture, Balonne Shire Council promotes sustainable communities and healthy lifestyles. Council also offer competitive remuneration and enviable work/life balance. It's time to swap the long commutes and traffic jams for a tree change in a vibrant community.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Pack for full details of this role. Follow the instructions on how to apply.
For a confidential discussion please contact Belinda Walker on 0411 449 447.
Applications close: 5pm Monday 15 June 2020.