Manager Transport Infrastructure | Balonne Shire Council | St George, Qld
- Lead a competent civil construction operational team
- Roads, drainage, bridges, plant, fleet and aerodromes
- Rewarding career in Council's leadership team
Take the next step in your civil construction management career
Balonne Shire Council is seeking a qualified infrastructure professional to provide technical advice and lead the construction and maintenance of Council's roads, drainage (including bridges), plant, fleet and aerodromes. As the Manager Transport Infrastructure, you will build networks with key stakeholders, negotiating and influencing to promote and embed the organisation's roads infrastructure strategies.
Opportunities and Challenges
- Lead, manage and mentor a motivated, multidisciplinary team.
- Take a commercial approach to your work activities and processes.
- Develop key contractual relationships within the roads infrastructure sector.
- Expand your career and develop your management capabilities.
- Competitive remuneration with private use vehicle, salary sacrifice options and heavily subsidised housing.
Qualifications, skills and attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in an engineering or related discipline.
- Experience in a similar role is essential.
- Project management expertise will be highly regarded.
- Experience in maintenance and asset management systems and processes.
- Demonstrated organisational leadership qualities.
- High level of customer service and communication skills.
Proud of its arts and culture, Balonne Shire Council promotes sustainable communities and healthy lifestyles. It's time to swap the long commutes and traffic jams for a tree change in a vibrant and friendly community.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application
Applications close 5pm Monday 29 November 2021.