Manager Rural Services and Compliance | Balonne Shire Council | St George, Qld
- Influence strategy, direction and teamwork of your team
- Supportive forward thinking leadership team
- Two-year full-time opportunity in SW QLD
As the Manager Rural Services and Compliance, you will lead a multi-disciplined team and play a key role within Balonne Shire Council and the region. This is a diverse position covering natural resource management, biosecurity, stock route management and local law enforcement. With a strategic approach you will lead and maintain a high-performing team, develop policies and plans that have environmental, agricultural and economic benefits for the Balonne region; and work closely with operational delivery.
- Natural resource management, biosecurity and stock route management, ensuring positive engagement with all users of stock routes, neighbouring land holders, Government departments, Indigenous organisations, NGOs and community members
- Managing local laws and other legislative compliance
Qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Experience managing staff, budgets, projects and contracts
- Expertise in natural resource management and agricultural disciplines
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Applying legislation to policies, plans, procedures and work practices
- Creating strong teams and processes that deliver positive outcomes
- Relevant licences, certifications or ability to obtain
- Current C Class drivers' licence
This is a two-year fixed term full-time position with potential to extend. It's an ideal opportunity to take the next step in your career while working with a proactive management team that is committed to providing excellent services to the local community. Council also offers support for training and professional development, competitive remuneration and work/life balance.
How to Apply
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications close 5pm Friday 21 May 2021.