Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
The Manager Roads and Transport is a key operational role in Tablelands Regional Council's Infrastructure Services team. The role is accountable for providing the overall management and delivery of capital works and infrastructure maintenance programs for Council and provides strategic leadership to the Roads and Transport section.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead and manage the Roads and Transport section in the delivery of capital works and infrastructure maintenance programs across the Council area;
- Manage all aspects of the planning and delivery of significant maintenance programs;
- Foster an integrated approach to capital works and infrastructure maintenance programs in partnership with key stakeholders across Council;
- Provide expert advice on strategy issues and continue to develop progressive change within the organisation;
- Develop and mentor your team in a safety conscious environment; and
- Promote a culture of quality, performance and continuous improvement and encourage innovation to improve outcomes.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or significant relevant work experience at a senior management level;
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role within Local Government or related entity;
- Current C Class Drivers licence;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse work group;
- Proven track record with regards to stakeholder engagement including consultation with the local community; and
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in sound project management principles.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role.
For a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell at Leading Roles on 0407 164 600.
Apply with covering letter addressing the Position section of this information pack.
The application period will close at 5pm, Monday 17th June 2019.