Fraser Coast Regional Council is seeking a Manager Public Health & Biosecurity.
The main requirement of this position is to provide management, leadership and support to the Council's Public Health and Biosecurity team.
Key duties will include;
- Build, manage and maintain a high performing team that is results oriented and customer service focussed.
- Undertake continuous improvement across all aspects of this role, including training and mentoring of subordinate staff.
- Lead and manage Council's response to biosecurity and environmental incidents, including natural disaster management.
- Develop, implement and monitor a range of programs in response to identified risks and needs, declared pests, biosecurity obligations and Council resolutions and policies.
- Advocate community awareness of environmental health and pest issues and responsibilities and participate and assist in promotional and educational activities.
Essential skills and experience will include;
- Minimum 6 years' experience in a relevant public health, biosecurity, agriculture protection or environmental sciences role.
- Ability to exercise judgement in the interpretation and application of relevant legislation.
- Experience in regulatory, compliance or enforcement actions and processes.
Team fit will be critical to success in this role. Council are seeking candidates who can demonstrate integrity, maturity, excellent communication skills and keenness to work collaboratively with an established and high performing team.
The Fraser Coast sits at the crossroads of the Wide Bay Burnett, one of Australia's fastest-growing regions. This ideal location and affordable relaxed lifestyle, coupled with a diverse industrial base, creates exciting opportunities.
Fraser Coast Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders, people with a disability, and members of racial, ethnic and ethno-religious minority groups are encouraged to apply.
For an information pack and to apply for this role, please click on the links below or contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600 or Gemma Sheridan 0407 009 243.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 30th April 2018