Manager Projects and Assets | Whyalla City Council | Whyalla, SA
- Asset management, road infrastructure and strategic projects
- Lead and influence asset management strategy
- $20-30million infrastructure projects in scope
The Manager Projects and Assets will lead strategy development, infrastructure planning and best practice asset management for the City of Whyalla. As the Manager Projects and Assets, you will develop and implement Council's Infrastructure and Asset Management Plan for road infrastructure (water and sewerage, drainage and stormwater), parks and open spaces assets, building assets, traffic engineering, and road safety.
A great opportunity to positively influence how infrastructure assets are sustainably managed and delivered, utilising strategic planning and best practice asset management processes for the long-term benefit of the local communities.
Opportunities and challenges
- Play a key role in leading and influencing the community's infrastructure sustainability.
- Be an influencer in transitioning council's asset management strategy.
- Work with a very cohesive executive management team.
- Strategic focus for a regional city experiencing significant growth.
- Contribute to the mentoring and development of a young engineering team.
- Coordinate the ongoing condition monitoring and preventative maintenance of key infrastructure assets.
- Ensure best practice and compliance with all relevant statutory requirements
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Degree qualification in Civil Engineering, Asset Management, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in contemporary asset management principles, processes and systems in local government or similar entity.
- Team leadership and people management skills.
- Highly developed communication skills to consult with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Lead and manage change initiatives to develop the operational team's capabilities and outputs.
Whyalla City Council values diversity and teamwork and this is a great opportunity for you to join a values-based organisation, and contribute to the community you live in. Whyalla is on an upward trajectory, with future-focussed infrastructure projects that will improve services for the community and enhance tourism opportunities for the region.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 18 October 2021.