Manager Project Delivery | Snowy Valleys Council
Snowy Valleys Council seeks a Manager Project Delivery to provide specialist expertise in the management and delivery of major infrastructure projects within the region.
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
This role is responsible for delivery of civil projects for internal and external customers. The Manager Projects Delivery must have high level commercial capabilities in scoping, developing and project managing infrastructure project opportunities for council.
There is a particular focus on developing commercial capability in the organisation and project managers who have a civil contracting background will be well regarded.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated commercial focus in developing and delivering civil projects
- Strong capabilities in capital works project management
- Technical experience in the construction of roads, bridges, sewerage infrastructure, water and wastewater management
- Contractor management experience
- Project budget development and financial management expertise
- Experience in bid development and project procurement functions
- A highly collaborative approach to working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Civil engineering tertiary qualifications
- Project Management qualifications - desirable or significant demonstrated experience
- Have a focus on safety and risk management
Benefits of the role:
- Working with a cohesive and commercially progressive organisation
- A competitive remuneration package with excellent salary sacrificing options
- An opportunity to develop your civil engineering and project management capabilities
- The ability to build the project management division from the ground up
Working and Living in the Region
Snowy Valleys Council is a modern and well-connected Council with an operating budget of $56.7 million. With a dedicated workforce of more than 230 staff and two main administrative centres at Tumut and Tumbarumba, the council's key focus is to deliver outstanding local services that support strong and vibrant communities. Snowy Valleys Council has a strong reputation for infrastructure capabilities and a dedicated Works Division that involves civil engineering, construction and maintenance services for strategic projects, both large and small.
With a population of 14,935, Snowy Valleys covers an area of 8,960 square km in a beautiful natural environment ideally located between Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra. The National Snowy 2.0 project is a $5B local investment which will provide economic benefits and a range of exciting opportunities for jobs and clean renewable energy to the region. The diverse and vibrant local economy offers work prospects for partners and family in forestry, health, education and tourism.
It's all about location and lifestyle! Snowy Valleys is renowned for its year-round festivals, cultural life, sporting events and recreational facilities for fishing, hiking and cycling or join the locals who ski in the morning and swim in the afternoon!
Make a Country Change to Snowy Valleys - love the location, embrace the lifestyle!
How to Apply
Apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 2nd December 2019.