Manager Planning and Development |
Burdekin Shire Council | Ayr, North Queensland
- Lead a team and contribute to positive regional growth
- Join a thriving community and live and work on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef
- Competitive remuneration + vehicle
Burdekin Shire Council is seeking a planning professional to join their team as Manager Planning and Development. The Manager will contribute positively and sustainably to the built environment in the region and lead a team that provides an exceptional level of service to the community.
Reporting to the Director Infrastructure, Planning and Environmental Services, the Manager Planning and Development leads a team of technical staff who manage town planning, building services, plumbing and facilities management.
- lead best practice and continuous improvement of customer service
- provide expert advice to Council around the Planning Act, the Town Planning Scheme and statutory regulations
- ensure accurate and timely reporting for Council meetings and attend as required
- oversee building services including facilities management, building and plumbing approvals and certification
- manage stakeholder engagement with community organisations, developers, investors, neighbouring councils and government departments.
Qualifications, Skills, Attributes
- tertiary degree in Urban and/or Regional Planning or significant equivalent experience is essential
- previous experience in a similar role within local government or the private sector.
Only one hour from Townsville, the Burdekin, where unspoilt natural beauty meets a thriving rural community right on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef. From pristine beaches to exhilarating adventure sports, world-class fishing and unique cultural attractions, there is so much to discover!
This is a great opportunity to make this role your own, develop your career, enjoy work-life balance and contribute to the community you live in. If you're ready for a rewarding career move, apply now.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information pack to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 31 January 2022.