The City of Hobart is seeking a highly skilled and experienced horticultural professional to provide leadership to all aspects of the council's Parks and Recreation Services programme.
The high heritage values of the city and its position as a State capital provide the demand for a programme that delivers very high standards of presentation, enhances the City's historic, European-influenced values and maintains world-class public spaces.
This is a high-profile leadership role that is responsible for a number of Hobart's most valued community facing assets, including its European style parks and gardens, sporting and recreation facilities and arboriculture services.
The Key Responsibilities:
- All aspects of strategic and operational leadership of the City's Parks and Gardens, Sporting and Recreation Facilities and Arboriculture Services
- Maintenance of exceptionally high-quality facilities and playing surfaces in the City's 20 sports grounds.
- Provision of high standard, customer focused Arboriculture services in the management of the City's trees.
- Positive engagement with a broad group of stakeholders, including elected representatives, event managers, sporting bodies and community members.
- Lead and mentor a large operational workforce, embedding the organisation's values and a strong performance and customer service ethic.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Horticultural qualifications, with a high focus on European horticultural practices.
- A senior management skillset, including policy, planning, programme & project management and business analysis skills.
- Significant relevant work experience at senior management level will be well regarded, preferably in local government.
- Strong leadership and management skills within a complex, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Proven track record in managing human, financial and capital resources to provide efficient and effective service delivery.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a senior horticultural professional to assume leadership of a diverse and interesting portfolio in one of Australia's most attractive and culturally significant cities.
For further information, download the Candidate Information Pack below or for a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell at Leading Roles on 0407 164 600.
The application period will close at 5pm, Monday 28th May 2018