Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Charters Towers Regional Council are seeking a Manager Operations Delivery to take a leading role in the delivery of operations for infrastructure and open space maintenance and construction, and delivery of environmental services.
As the Manager Operations Delivery you will have a practical and hands on role in developing the culture in the operations team. Safety leadership and continual improvement will be an essential focus. You will have the opportunity to modernise and develop the performance of your staff. With your substantial change and people management experience you will bring your team along with you on the success journey.
You will have experience in rural and remote council areas and rise to the challenge of implementing council's Road Management policies. You will ensure in-field service delivery is consistent with stated service delivery.
- Delivery of the infrastructure works program and environmental services on budget.
- Deliver high quality customer and community service.
- Effective reporting of month to month spend.
- Meeting stated service levels.
- Modelling code of conduct, leading the organisational culture and leading safety.
Required experience and required qualifications:
- Extensive experience in leadership of infrastructure, open space and environmental services for rural and remote Local Government organisations;
- Experience in workforce management, business management and strategic management;
- Experience (or ability to develop capability) in implementing successful change and continuous improvement in service delivery; and
- Qualifications in engineering or management will be highly regarded.
The Charters Towers Regional Council services a community of 12900, from the regional centre of Charters Towers, which is located 90 minutes to the West of Townsville. The council employs approximately 250 staff, and has an annual budget of approximately $60M, including $19M capital works.
The Charters Towers Region is an important and diverse economic driver in the Queensland economy, with Mining, Tourism, Agriculture and Education the major industries. The region is poised for growth, with substantial investment planned in irrigated agriculture, residential and commercial land development, and the construction and expansion of military facilities throughout the region.
Council is offering an excellent remuneration package, which reflects the significance of this position to the organisation and community, and to attract the highest calibre candidates.
Apply with covering letter addressing the Position section of this information pack.
Applications close at 5pm, Monday 8 July 2019.