Manager Operations | Whyalla City Council | Whyalla
- Project manage infrastructure services
- Strategic and operational focus
- Lead change initiatives and mentor a diverse team
Whyalla City Council is seeking a dynamic infrastructure professional to lead and manage the strategic delivery of services. The Manager Operations is a key member of the Council's senior leadership team, managing people, infrastructure services, projects and budgets. This is a 5-year contract position with the possibility of extension.
With an innovative approach, the Manager Operations, will lead and motivate a large team, and project manage infrastructure services. This is a chance to contribute to the strategic focus of a large regional city and deliver a range of infrastructure projects on time and within budget.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate operations and work for employees and contracts in maintenance and construction.
- Effective and efficient management of Council services by improving and maintaining the existing infrastructure.
- Effective leadership and management of the operations team.
Qualifications, skills and attributes:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering - Desirable
- Member of Engineers Australia - Desirable
- Highly developed communication skills
- Ability to lead change and develop workforce capability
- Ability to effectively and efficiently plan, develop, implement, and manage the day-to-day operations of the Council's employees and contractors.
Whyalla is on an upward trajectory, with future-focused infrastructure projects that will improve services for the community and enhance tourism and lifestyle opportunities for the region.
Council values diversity and teamwork and this is an opportunity to join a values-based organisation.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 1 August.