Manager Operations| Whyalla City Council |Whyalla, SA
- Project manage infrastructure services and facilities
- Lead change initiatives and mentor a diverse team
- Strategic and operational focus
The Whyalla City Council is seeking a dynamic infrastructure professional to lead and manage strategic delivery of services and facilities that make Whyalla a great place to live. The Manager Operations is a key member of Council's senior leadership team, managing people, infrastructure services, projects and budgets.
With an innovative approach, the Manager Operations, will lead and motivate a large team, and project manage infrastructure services and facilities.
Opportunities and challenges
- Be part of the leadership think tank to provide innovative solutions
- Lead change, mentor and motivate a team of 50 people
- Project manage the maintenance of roads, verges, drainage, parks, gardens, buildings, waste management, emergency and disaster recovery
- Strategic focus for a large regional city
- Deliver a range of infrastructure projects on time and within budget
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Engineering degree and membership of Engineers Australia highly regarded
- Experience in leading a team and developing capabilities
- Highly developed communication skills to consult with a broad range of stakeholders
- Experience in effectively and efficiently managing day-to-day operations of infrastructure and services
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and knowledge of IT programs
- Experience in whole of life asset, project and contract management.
Whyalla City Council values diversity and teamwork and this is a great opportunity for you to join a values-based organisation, and contribute to the community you live in. Whyalla is on an upward trajectory, with future-focussed infrastructure projects that will improve services for the community and enhance tourism opportunities for the region.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 11 October 2021.