Charters Towers Regional Council | Manager Operations
Lead the planning and project delivery of infrastructure services in the Charters Towers region.
The Manager Operations will provide expert advice and operational leadership to the Charters Towers Regional Council's asset management, roads construction and maintenance, open spaces, environmental services and infrastructure projects disciplines.
Reporting to the Director Infrastructure Services and with responsibility for a team of 50 staff, the Manager Operations will lead the:
- Operations Programming Unit in the development of asset management plans and strategic policies for roads, drainage and open space assets.
- Operations Delivery Unit in the construction and maintenance of infrastructure and open space assets and environmental services.
Key responsibilities and opportunities:
- Provide strategic direction and operational excellence to Council in civil asset management roads construction and maintenance, environmental services, open spaces and projects.
- Lead the directorate to deliver high quality customer service including effective stakeholder engagement and consultation with elected members and community.
- Reinforce a positive workforce culture with a focus on values, performance and capacity building.
- Previous experience in a similar role in local government.
- Experience fostering and driving a culture of customer service and high performance.
- Tertiary qualifications in an engineering discipline.
- Project Management qualifications highly desirable.
- RPEQ (Civil/Environmental) Registration - or ability to obtain.
Cultural change is on the agenda and this role offers an outstanding opportunity to influence operational excellence and customer satisfaction. An attractive remuneration package is offered including additional allowances and salary packaging options.
Charters Towers is an ideal location with the incredible Lake Buchanan to the south, rugged White Mountains National Park to the west, Hidden Valley to the north east, and the mighty Burdekin River flowing through this vast region makes it ideal for inland fishing, hiking, kayaking and nature enthusiasts. In downtown Charters Towers there's plenty of cafes and pubs for social gatherings and a huge choice of shady parklands for family picnics and enjoying the laidback casual ambience of Australia's most authentic country town.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Pack for full details of this role. Follow the instructions on how to apply.
For a confidential discussion please contact Belinda Walker on 0411 449 447.
Applications close: 5pm Monday 15 February 2021.