Gympie Regional Council is seeking expressions of interest for the role of Manager Gympie Futures (Economic Development).
About the Role
Reporting to the Director - Corporate and Community Services you will be responsible for the Gympie Futures Staff.
This is a newly created and pivotal role where the focus is on delivering a new Economic Development Strategy that sets the direction for the next twenty years, generates employment, encourages innovation and builds Council's capacity as a stimulating and vibrant region.
About the Council
The Gympie region comprises eight divisions, represented by the Mayor and eight other councillors. The Regional Council has an estimated operating budget of $50 million. Gympie Regional Council has an enormous focus on economic growth within its region. The Council's strategic objectives and vision are to deliver world class services to the region and make Gympie a location of choice for people to live, work and invest.
The Manager Gympie Futures (Economic Development) will attract strategic businesses, employers and new investments to the region while building on strengths and opportunities to create globally competitive and sustainable industry sectors.
In addition, this role will be responsible for:
- Leadership and Management the Gympie Futures teams, initiatives and outcomes
- Develop and review policies and procedures that will drive continual improvement within the Region.
- Represent and promote the Gympie Region as a desirable place to live, invest and conduct business by liaising with State and Federal agencies, media, state and national industry groups.
- Assume responsibility as Asset Owner of Council owned businesses including Gympie Aerodrome, Caravan Park and Saleyards.
Skills and Experience
A forward-thinking, resilient and passionate leader is required for this role. It is a pivotal role in the region and will shape the way in which Gympie is developed in the coming years. Key skills and experience include:
- Tertiary qualification in Commerce, Economics, Urban Planning, Marketing or related field and/or a minimum of five years in business development or relevant industry-based role.
- Demonstrated strong leadership with team-orientated management skills.
- Data monitoring and analysis including an experienced understanding of the relationships between economic development, property analysis, urban design, land-use, transport, and environmental and social planning.
- Proven strong outcomes in industry development, investment attraction, relevant industry sectors, government channels, and/or commercial operations.
- Proven ability to develop strategic alliances and partnerships
This diverse and rewarding role will provide many challenges as well as the opportunity to shape and develop the growth of the beautiful Gympie Region.
For a detailed position description click on the link below or for a confidential discussion please contact Kelly-Ann Lynch on 0425 343 293.
Applications close on Monday 28th May 2018 at 5pm