Download the Candidate Information Pack - https://tinyurl.com/y6bmzzx6
An outstanding career opportunity is available for a Manager Infrastructure Planning and Design to lead the Infrastructure Planning and Design team with the Lockyer Valley Regional Council.
This is a full time position for 3 years.
This is an excellent time to join the Lockyer Valley Regional Council team. They are a recognised sector leader with regards to innovation and service delivery to the local community. This role will report to Executive Manager Infrastructure Works and Services and be responsible for the leadership, management and delivery of Infrastructure Planning and Design services. You will bring strong leadership and management capabilities and have the opportunity to advance your career within the local government sector.
Key opportunities and challenges of the position include:
- Enhance individual and team skill set;
- Working with a values-based management team;
- Make a positive difference to the organisation and local community;
- The ability to bring experience and knowledge;
- Design, planning, public engagement, traffic management; and
- Ability to be a recognised leader within the organisation and local community.
Personal Qualities, Experience and Qualifications
Experience and success within an Infrastructure Planning and Design function in Local Government is essential for this position. The successful candidate will need to have the appropriate Tertiary Qualification(s) and demonstrate strong management and leadership qualities.
- Appropriate Tertiary Qualification(s) and extensive experience in the field of civil engineering design;
- RPEQ status - Essential;
- Demonstrated management experience in providing leadership and direction to a multi-disciplinary team;
- Previous Local Government experience in a similar role;
- High knowledge of the civil engineering design process and the ability to prepare civil engineering design works to a high standard;
- Demonstrated exceptional and effective interpersonal and written communication skills with external and internal stakeholders; and
- Sound negotiation skills with an outcome focus.
Council is offering a very competitive salary package that includes salary sacrificing options and 12% super. This position is located in the Lockyer Valley Region, in Queensland's South-East corner with close proximity to Brisbane, the Sunshine and Gold Coasts and the Darling Downs Region.
The Lockyer Valley Regional Council serves a community of 40,000 and is located in the agricultural heart of South East Queensland - Council employs approximately 350 staff and an annual budget of $56M.
Team fit will be critical to success in this role. Council are seeking candidates who can demonstrate integrity, maturity, excellent communication skills and keenness to work collaboratively with an established and high performing team.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
Applications will close on Monday 22 April 2019 - 5.00pm.