Mount Isa City Council | Manager Finance and Information Technology | Mount Isa
- Provide leadership in finance and IT services
- Promote continuous performance improvements
- Build staff culture, performance and capability
The Mount Isa City Council is seeking a high calibre Manager Finance and Information Technology to provide leadership of the council's finance, payroll, procurement and information technology functions.
Working closely with the Executive Leadership team, the Manager Finance and Information Technology ensures Council's business-critical systems, financial performance and statutory requirements are met.
Experience and enthusiasm for leading transformative change and developing a high performing, customer service-oriented team is essential to this role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the Director Corporate and Community Services to review, analyse and implement financial strategy and Council resolutions.
- Managing council's financial performance through rigorous oversight of budgets and expenditure.
- Ensuring council's obligations are met through establishing business-focused policies and procedures that conform to financial regulations and legislation.
- Working with the organisation as a partner to build financial management capability, budget management and overall organisational performance.
- Managing council's ICT systems ensuring robust, business and customer-focused systems are established and maintained.
Qualifications, experience and attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting or Financial Management essential.
- Understanding of taxation legislation relevant to the operation of local governments.
- Sound knowledge of and experience with the application of financial management related accounting standards and legislation
- Excellent interpersonal communication (verbal and written), presentation skills and ability to negotiate and liaise with team members, management, clients and service providers.
Mount Isa is a vibrant, multicultural region, which entices people from all corners of the globe to make this wonderful outback city their home. It's a family friendly city, rich with community pride and a land of opportunity for those seeking career, work/life balance and outback lifestyle.
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 7 May 2021.