Manager Economic Development | Whyalla City Council | Whyalla, SA
- Develop and implement strategic economic development plans and initiatives
- Improve the liveability of Whyalla through tourism and business growth
- Lead transformational change
The Whyalla City Council is seeking an economic development professional to lead economic development plans and initiatives. Reporting to the Director City Growth, the Manager Economic Development is a key member of the Council's senior leadership team and will initiate and develop leading-edge business and employment programs, including generating new economic development opportunities.
With a future-focused approach, the Manager Economic Development will lead transformational change, deliver strategies to improve the liveability and tourism experience to support the community and bring visitors to the region. To achieve this the Manager Economic Development will build trust and relationships with tourism operators, business owners, and government agencies.
Opportunities and challenges
- Deliver the economic development strategy to increase economic growth in the region.
- Lead economic development transformation, increase economic wealth for the city through programs, projects, and initiatives.
- Improve the visitor and community experience by bringing employment and business back to the region and building business confidence.
- Lead transformational change, mentor, and motivate the team to provide exceptional service.
- Build strategic partnerships to gain commitment and funding for economic development initiatives.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Tertiary qualification in economic development, business and/or marketing, or related fields.
- Experience in managing the day-to-day economic development operations and improving services delivery.
- Significant knowledge of the economic challenges, and emerging trends, facing the industry, retail, service, and hospitality industries in the region.
- Experience in leading transformational change from both a business and people perspective
- Highly developed communication skills to consult with a broad range of stakeholders.
Whyalla City Council values diversity and teamwork. This is a great opportunity to join a values-based organisation and contribute to the community. Whyalla is on an upward trajectory, with future-focused infrastructure projects that will improve services for the community and enhance tourism opportunities for the region.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close at 5pm Monday 14 March 2022.