Manager Economic and Community Development | Mount Isa City Council
- Create an engaged, vital and sustainable community in regional Queensland
- Develop and deliver economic and community development strategy
- Be part of transformational change at Mount Isa City Council
The Mount Isa City Council is seeking a people-focused community development leader who has a passion for creating thriving, resilient regional communities.
The Manager Economic and Community Development leads a team of 20 staff and manages a range of essential community services, which include community development, sports and recreation (including the aquatic centre), economic development, library services, events, tourism, reconciliation and youth services.
- Create a contemporary, strategically aligned community and economic development function within the organisation.
- Develop the diverse communities within the Mount Isa region, focussing on a broad suite of engagement, sustainability and economic progress initiatives.
- Build a high functioning team within a new organisational structure, while operating within financial constraints.
Mount Isa City Council seeks to create a city shaped by its unique geographical location that aspires to a high quality of life and prosperous future supported by a growing mining and minerals processing sector, expanding tourist trade and sustainable rural, commercial and industrial business.
Please download the candidate information package or contact Belinda Walker on 0411 449 447 for a confidential discussion about this position.
Applications close 5pm, Monday 12 July 2021.