Gympie Regional Council is seeking a Manager Construction to lead and manage Council's civil works capital program.
Using contemporary project and resource management methodologies, the Manager Construction will lead the construction of road, footpath, carpark, bridge, traffic, transport, cycling and stormwater related assets.
The Manager Construction is accountable for the planning and execution of work; resource and budget management; customer liaison and stakeholder engagement to operate an efficient and competitive construction business for the benefit of the community.
The council is seeking a construction leader, who will bring a strong bent towards innovation, customer service, business performance and team development.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development and implementation of resource strategies, work programs and projects
- Sound safety, environmental and performance management and compliance with regulations
- Project cost control management
- Provision of management reports and recommendations
- Management of a high performing team
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Degree level qualifications in civil engineering or other related discipline
- Well-developed project management and service delivery skills and experience
- Strong leadership and management skills in an operational works context
About the Council
The Gympie region comprises of eight divisions represented by the Mayor and eight other councillors. The Regional Council has an estimated operating budget of $85 million.
Gympie Regional Council has an enormous focus on economic growth within its region. The Council's strategic objectives and vision are to deliver world class services to the region and make Gympie a location of choice for people to live, work and invest.
The Council are offering a competitive remuneration package of $160K plus superannuation, as well as opportunities for professional satisfaction, growth and development.
This diverse and rewarding role will provide many challenges as well as the opportunity to shape and develop the growth of the beautiful Gympie Region.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Belinda Walker on 0411 449 447.
The closing date for applications is Friday 30 November at 5pm.