Manager Community Services |
Burdekin Shire Council | Ayr, North Queensland
- Apply your community development skills and contribute to a thriving community
- Live and work on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef and enjoy a great work-life balance
- Competitive remuneration & career development opportunities
Burdekin Shire Council is seeking a Manager Community Services to join their team and contribute to their thriving and vibrant community. Reporting to the Director Corporate and Community Services, the Manager Community Services will play a key role in building the capacity, resilience, and wellbeing of the community in accordance with Council's strategic and operational plans.
- Lead three key community focussed teams including libraries, cultural venues and community development, which includes events.
- Manage the strategic and operational responsibilities of the Department including grants, policy, financial, WH&S and reporting requirements.
- Drive stakeholder engagement to identify community needs, partnerships and opportunities for enhanced service delivery.
- Lead an engaged and motivated team in providing an efficient service to the community and other stakeholders.
Qualifications, Skills, Attributes
- Experience in developing and leading collaborative relationships with community groups and other stakeholders.
- Experience in working within the public sector, community development and/or sport and recreation highly regarded.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor or Diploma level in Social Sciences, Humanities, or Arts; or significant experience in working in a similar role with community groups and organisations.
Only one hour from Townsville, the Burdekin, where unspoilt natural beauty meets a thriving rural community right on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef. From pristine beaches to exhilarating adventure sports, world-class fishing and unique cultural attractions, there is so much to discover!
This is a great opportunity to make this role your own, develop your career, enjoy a work-life balance and contribute to the community you live in. If you're ready for a rewarding career move, apply now.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information pack to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 7 March 2022.