Gladstone Regional Council is seeking a creative and innovative Manager Brand and Communications to deliver high-value communications to their internal and external audiences. The role will be responsible for developing and implementing communication strategies that supports cultural change and employee engagement while enhancing the Council's brand identity across a range of assets.
The role will report to the General Manager Community Development and Events.
- Development and implementation of best practice brand and communication strategy
- Support business transformation through change management communications
- Provide advice to Council on media, public relations, internal communications, emerging trends and brand alignment
- Manage key relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Lead a team of highly motivated communications professionals
Required experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Communications (or related discipline) and or significant experience in a senior communications role
- Demonstrated experience of managing digital platforms including social media, websites, video production and other digital assets
- Experience of providing advice on public relations strategies and awareness campaigns
The Gladstone region is a dynamic central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. The council delivers essential services to the community and promotes sustainable growth of the region, with a strong focus on creating a safe, inclusive and efficient workforce and providing opportunity for personal growth and career development for 650 plus employees.
The role would suit a strong leader who can inspire others while contributing to the Council's vision and goals.
A competitive remuneration is on offer. The Council also offers its employees great incentives including salary packaging options, learning and development programs and health and wellbeing services.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. You will be required to complete a Criminal History Check if you are successful with your application.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Belinda Walker on 0411 449 447.
Applications will close at 5pm on 17 September 2018.