The Whitsunday Regional Council is located in one of Queensland's key tourism, agriculture and trade regions with important assets including Airlie Beach and the Whitsunday Islands, a thriving horticultural sector and significant trade-supporting transport infrastructure.
To support the growth, prosperity and sustainability of the region, Council is seeking to appoint an experienced Major Grants Coordinator.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Identifying major funding and grants opportunities
- Preparation and submission of high quality grant submissions
- Drafting compelling business cases to attract and justify investment
- Building a grant funding programme, based on the Council's long-term Asset Management and Project Management strategies.
- Maintain the Incoming Grant Funding & Projects Master Register
- Support external community organisations with tools to support their grant funding proposals
Skills and experience:
- Outstanding written and comprehension skills
- Demonstrated experience in successful development of grant funding applications, proposals or business cases.
- Experience in developing and implementing funding and grant frameworks
- Understanding of government grant contracts and associated financial reporting requirements
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Relevant tertiary qualifications - including Business, Communications or Accounting (desirable)
The Council serves a community of 35,500 located in the major community centres of Bowen, Proserpine, Collinsville and Airlie Beach. Renowned for its relaxed lifestyle, the region boasts beaches, rainforests and large tracts of national parkland.
A competitive remuneration package is on offer along with learning and development programs, flexible work policies and mentoring.
If applying, please address the selection criteria found in the candidate information pack.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Leading Roles' Belinda Walker on 0411 449 447.
The application period for this role ends on Wednesday 5 September 2018 at 5pm.