Interim Rates Officer (Short term contract)
Leading Roles is seeking an experienced Creditor / Rates Officer to efficiently maintain the rating system and collect outstanding rates for a regional council in South West Queensland. The key focus is customer liaison, debt recovery, record reconciliation and accurate reporting in a timely manner. Must be willing to locate or reside in Saint George - South West Qld for the duration of the contract - (approx. 3 months)
- Assist in the collection of outstanding rates in accordance with Council's rate recovery procedures.
- Ensure rate payer records are accurate
- Reconcile ledger accounts
- Assist in statutory reporting.
Essential skills and experience:
- Knowledge of government legislation in relation to rating functions advantageous
- Experience of Local Government rating systems highly regarded
- Experience in revenue/debt collection procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Outstanding communication, interpersonal and customer service skills are essential along with previous experience working in a local government is preferred.
How to Apply
Please click "apply now" as the application period for this role will close once a suitable applicant has been identified. If you'd like a confidential discussion about the role, contact Vanessa Brown - Ph 0488 972 766.