Interim Chief Financial Officer - South Western NSW
- Provide strong leadership and mentoring to the finance team
- South Western New South Wales location
- 3 month contract opportunity, accommodation provided
Leading Roles is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Chief Financial Officer. This is a three month contract opportunity and accommodation will be provided for the duration of this contract.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer will provide high-level advice to the executive leadership team in strategic financial management, long term financial planning and modelling, service costs and benefits analysis, infrastructure spending and debt reduction.
The Chief Financial Officer will lead and manage a team of professional and administrative staff providing a diverse range of services, including:
- Effective management of revenue and accounts payable programs
- Provision of a high-quality management accounting function to all cost centre managers, ELT and the CEO
- Achieve strategic revenue objectives in relation to rating, budgets, expenditure, capital works, alternative revenue streams and debt reduction
- Contribute to managing risks and ensuring compliance with numerous statutory requirements
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
- Tertiary qualifications in business, finance, or other relevant discipline and advanced qualifications in a management field would be highly desirable, as would certification as a CPA or Chartered Accountant
- Extensive experience at a senior level in local government or similar organisation
- Very strong experience and credibility in the leadership, development and management of a financial strategy
- Strong skills and expertise in financial management, reporting and accounting standards.
- Well-developed analysis, presentation, communication and representation skills, and the ability to take a broad perspective on matters and deal with ambiguity
How to Apply
Apply now as the application period will close once a suitable applicant has been identified.