Charters Towers Regional Council is offering an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Services Support Officer. This is a Full-time limited tenure position for 12 months.
The main requirement of this role is to provide administrative and clerical support to Council's Infrastructure Services team.
Key duties and responsibilities will include;
- Uploading/registering documents into Council's ECM (Enterprise Content Management) database.
- Archiving documentation in accordance with Council, project and legislative guidelines;
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems;
- Maintenance of various registers;
- Climbing, lifting, labeling and relocating boxes.
Essential selection criteria includes;
- Possession and maintenance of a C class drivers licence.
- High level attention to detail with experience in data entry and maintenance.
- Ability to carry out tasks in accordance with established procedures under limited direction.
- Ability to work independently or within a in a team in a professional and positive manner with the ability to be tactful, discrete and maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to liaise with a wide range of people at all levels.
- Well-developed computer skills in the Microsoft office suite, and other applications and business systems relevant to the requirements of this position.
The Charters Towers Regional Council services a community of 12900 from the regional centre of Charters Towers, which is located 90 minutes to the West of Townsville. The Council employs approximately 250 staff, and has an annual budget of approximately $60M, including $19M capital works.
The Charters Towers Region is an important and diverse economic driver in the Queensland economy, with Mining, Tourism, Agriculture and Education the major industries. The region is poised for growth, with substantial investment planned in irrigated agriculture, urban and commercial development, and the construction and expansion of military facilities throughout the region.
Council is offering an excellent remuneration package, which reflects the significance of this position to the organisation and community, and to attract the highest calibre candidates.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
Click on the link below to download the Information Pack for this role or for a confidential discussion please contact Gemma Sheridan on 0407 009 243. Use the Apply Now button to lodge your application.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 11th July 2018 at 5pm.