Tablelands Regional Council - Human Resources Advisor
The Tablelands Regional Council is seeking a HR Generalist, who will be responsible for supporting HR projects and initiatives as well as provide Generalist HR Support to Council. The Human Resources Advisor will provide expert advice in all aspects of Human Resources and work in collaboration with other team members to ensure that professional and timely support is provided to all stakeholders
The key responsibilities include;
- Provide timely and accurate advice on HR policies, practices, conditions of employment, entitlements and IR/ER related matters to managers and staff
- Lead Human Resources related projects and activities as delegated
- Develop, maintain and review Human Resources Programs including Contact Officers, Wellbeing, and Achievement and Development programs to ensure engagement and participation
- Develop, coordinate and administer allocated Learning and Development programs, including apprenticeships, traineeships, new staff induction, and other targeted training initiatives.
- Act as a coordinating link between HR and Payroll and undertake payroll auditing as requested
- Maintenance and coordination of Council's job analysis processes and position description reviews
- Maintain, develop and optimise Councils HR systems ensuring data accurately reflects the organisation structure and processes
- Gather, analyse, and report on HR metrics, providing data to assist organisational decision making.
- Case oversight and management of timeframes and activities as needed related to performance management, stay at work plans, parental leave/returning parents and Transition to Retirement
- Assist and support the Recruitment and Training Officer in recruitment, training and HR administration as required
- Provide support relation to dispute resolution, grievance and appeal procedures, performance management and disciplinary matters
Other duties as required and requested by the Senior HR Advisor Essential Qualifications and Experience;
- Tertiary qualifications in human resources management (or related area) and/or demonstrated experience in a HR generalist role
- Cert IV Trainer and Assessor (desirable)
- Current Queensland "C" Class Drivers' Licence
The Tablelands Regional Council services a community of 25,000 and is located in Atherton, in Queensland. Located in Far North Queensland, about 100 kilometres west of Cairns International Airport, the Tablelands region has good road networks with endless opportunities to explore, year-round great climate, rich history, new world-class infrastructure, an assortment of accommodation options and friendly hospitality - making it a great place to live and raise a family.
Please click on the links below to download the Information Pack for this role or for a confidential discussion please contact Kelly-Ann Lynch at Leading Roles on 0425 343 293. The application period will close at 5pm Monday 14th May, 2018