Douglas Shire Council is seeking a Graduate Accountant
The Graduate Accountant will be supported in their professional development and will have the opportunity to expand the duties within the position over time.
The main requirement of this role is to take responsibility for the preparation of grant acquittals and contribute to all aspects Council's accounting function.
Key Duties and responsibilities will include;
- Liaising closely with Council's internal departments to gather the information required for completing grant progress reports and grant acquittals.
- Ensuring grants are acquitted as per grant funding requirements.
- Preparing monthly grant reconciliations.
- Working with all areas of Council, assist in the annual budget process and budget review process including the monitoring of actual performance against budget.
Essential Skills include;
- Bachelor of Commerce / Business or other accounting related discipline or significant progress toward completion.
- An understanding of the application of Australian Accounting Standards and general accounting principles.
- Well-developed reporting and analytical skills.
Team fit will be critical to success in this role. Council are seeking candidates who can demonstrate integrity, maturity, excellent communication skills and keenness to work collaboratively with an established and high performing team.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be part of an organisation with an energetic and collaborative approach with a commitment to meeting the expectations of customers and the communities of Douglas.
Council offers excellent working conditions and a range of generous employee benefits including flexible working arrangements and supports and encourages our employees with training and professional development opportunities.
Douglas Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity employer, promoting workplace diversity and a safety culture.
Positions are open to all candidates however women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Gemma Sheridan on 0407 009 243.
Applications for this position will close on Monday 11 February 2019 at 5pm.