Governance and Corporate Performance Officer | Liverpool Plains Shire Council
- Coordinate corporate governance and reporting frameworks
- Support transformation and organisational change
- Work/life balance in the scenic Liverpool Plains
The Governance and Corporate Performance Officer will play a key role in supporting Liverpool Plains Shire Council's organisational performance goals.
Reporting to the Director Corporate and Community Services, the Governance and Corporate Performance Officer will review and coordinate the development and implementation of Council's governance and Integrated Planning and Reporting frameworks and provide secretariat support to the organisation's Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee.
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Sound understanding of corporate governance, public administration and risk management in a highly regulated environment.
- Demonstrated experience implementing systems, processes and procedures to achieve legislative compliance.
- Tertiary qualifications in Law, Public Policy, Business, Corporate Governance highly regarded but not essential.
This is a new position that would suit a highly skilled administrator who has provided secretariat support to a Board, a graduate with some experience in the field of governance, or a legal secretary looking to move into local government.
Centrally located in north-west New South Wales is the Liverpool Plains, a rich and highly productive agricultural region. With increased demand for their diverse local produce, the Liverpool Plains has become the food bowl of New South Wales, poised for significant growth and employment opportunities for local communities.
Download the candidate information package for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Positon section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 17 May 2021.