General Counsel | Gladstone Regional Council
- Provide a centralised legal service for Council
- Advise on a wide range of matters
- Enjoy a generous salary and lifestyle benefits
Gladstone Regional Council is seeking a General Counsel to provide high level advice and guidance on legal matters across Council.
Reporting to the General Manager Finance Governance and Risk, the General Counsel will provide advice on matters including but not limited to property, contracts, employment, administrative and regulatory law.
- Deliver high quality, legal services and professional advice to the Executive Leadership team and other key stakeholders, building an awareness of legal issues, risk, and obligations.
- Design and implement a legal framework, including tools and templates to support departments to perform their duties.
- Develop and maintain a best practice system to report on all open legal matters.
Qualifications, skills, and attributes:
- Bachelor's degree in law.
- Admission as a legal practitioner in Queensland (10 years post admission).
- Current unrestricted practising certificate.
- Extensive experience in a role of a similar size and scope to this (preferably in the local government environment).
- Filing court documentation, drafting contracts and precedents.
- Negotiation and dispute resolution.
- Advanced communication skills.
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud, and diverse future for the Gladstone region that focuses on working together to balance the Region's lifestyle and opportunity.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the selection criteria and position description before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 18 July 2022.