Douglas Shire Council has an opening for a Ganger Public and Natural Areas.
This is key role in Open Spaces ensuring maintenance and associated tasks are carried out whilst maintaining maximum productivity in the delivery of a high quality of presentation.
Key Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supervision, motivation and management of the gang.
- Applying a commercial focus to all tasks, ensuring projects are delivered efficiently.
- Maintenance of parks and gardens.
- Maintenance of park structures and playground equipment.
- Participation in a rotating weekend roster.
Essential Skills and qualifications include:
- Demonstrated effective people management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of landscape and horticultural activities.
- Secondary education to Year 10 with good writing and communication skills and an understanding of basic mathematics.
- Current Queensland Driver's Licence Class (LR).
- Current Agricultural Chemical Distribution Control Ticket.
- Traffic Management Level one.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a public environment.
- Ability to provide quality in customer service.
Team fit will be critical to success in this role. Council is seeking candidates who can demonstrate integrity, maturity, excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for working collaboratively with an established and high performing team. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be part of an organisation with an energetic and collaborative approach with a commitment to meeting the expectations of customers and the communities of Douglas.
Council offers excellent working conditions and a range of generous employee benefits including flexible working arrangements and supports and encourages its employees with training and professional development opportunities.
Douglas Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity employer, promoting workplace diversity and a safety culture.
Positions are open to all candidates however women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack and Application Form for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Gemma Sheridan on 0407 009 243.
Applications for this position will close on Monday 22 October 2018 at 5 pm.