Northern Peninsula Area Regional Council | Executive Manager Operations
Lead the planning and project delivery of infrastructure services in the top end of Australia.
Reporting to the CEO, the Executive Manager Operations provides expert advice and operational leadership to the Northern Peninsula Regional Area Council's Infrastructure Directorate.
We are seeking a civil operations specialist to lead a multidisciplinary team of 150 staff across Emergency Management, Environmental Health, Parks and Gardens, Capital Works, Asset Management, Fleet and Incident Management.
Key responsibilities and opportunities:
- Development and delivery of a program of capital works.
- Management of a multidisciplinary workforce, focusing on performance and capacity building.
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement including community and all levels of government.
- Leadership of the organisation as a member of the executive leadership team.
- Previous experience in a similar role in local government.
- Experience fostering and driving a culture of customer service and high performance.
- Civil Construction and Project Management, Operational Management and Civil Engineering qualifications highly regarded but not essential.
The 'tip' of Australia is a renowned adventure destination for 4WD enthusiasts, grey nomads, fishing charters, wildlife buffs and beach goers alike. From rainforests teeming with wildlife to rivers, estuaries and stunning beaches stretching as far as the eye can see, the landscape is intriguing. The region also has a busy calendar filled with local events, including the annual rugby league carnival, Northern Peninsula Area (NPA) Show, Mud Rally and Cultural Festival. There's also football, AFL, basketball, touch football, judo, gym, fishing, swimming, volleyball and softball.
How to Apply
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications close: 5pm Tuesday 6 April 2021.