Northern Peninsula Area Regional Council | Executive Manager Corporate Services
Contribute to strategic direction, oversee corporate governance and foster positive work culture.
The Executive Manager Corporate Services will provide leadership and expert advice to the Corporate Services Directorate of the Northern Peninsula Area Regional Council, located in the far north of Queensland's Cape York.
Reporting to the CEO, the Executive Manager Corporate Services leads a multidisciplinary team of 100 staff across finance, corporate governance and risk, economic development, and communications, records and information technology.
This role will suit a corporate services leader with a broad and diverse skillset, outstanding financial management skills and a passion for community development. This is an opportunity to work alongside a highly experienced and aspirational CEO who is committed to bringing about positive change for the organisation and the local communities.
Key responsibilities and opportunities:
- Development and implementation of corporate plans, operational plans and commercial business strategies.
- Leadership of a multidisciplinary workforce.
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement including community and all levels of government.
- Organisational leadership as a member of the executive leadership team.
- Previous experience in a similar role in local government.
- Experience fostering and driving a culture of customer service and high performance.
- Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate discipline such as business, accounting or local government.
The 'tip' of Australia is a renowned adventure destination for 4WD enthusiasts, grey nomads, fishing charters, wildlife buffs and beach goers alike. From rainforests teeming with wildlife to rivers, estuaries and stunning beaches stretching as far as the eye can see, the landscape is intriguing. The region also has a busy calendar filled with local events, including the annual rugby league carnival, Northern Peninsula Area (NPA) Show, Mud Rally and Cultural Festival. There's also football, AFL, basketball, touch football, judo, gym, fishing, swimming, volleyball and softball.
How to Apply
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications close: 5pm Tuesday 6 April 2021.