Douglas Shire Council is seeking an Environmental Health Officer - Fixed Term Parental Leave (9 Day fortnight)
The main requirement of this role is to implement the Council's Environmental Health and Environmental Health Programs.
Key Duties will include;
- Carry out inspections within area of responsibility.
- Follow-up complaints and where necessary, take action under local laws, Regulations or Acts administered by this department.
- Support Local Law Enforcement activities.
- Assist with the implementation of mosquito control programs.
- Assess applications for approvals and licences.
Essential Skills include:
- Bachelor of Science (Environmental Health)
- Current open car driver's licence including manual vehicles.
- Knowledge of the relevant Legislation and their relationship to other Legislations.
Team fit will be critical to success in this role. Council are seeking candidates who can demonstrate integrity, maturity, excellent communication skills and keenness to work collaboratively with an established and high performing team.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be part of an organisation with an energetic and collaborative approach with a commitment to meeting the expectations of customers and the communities of Douglas.
Council offers excellent working conditions and a range of generous employee benefits including flexible working arrangements and supports and encourages our employees with training and professional development opportunities.
Douglas Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity employer, promoting workplace diversity and a safety culture.
Positions are open to all candidates however women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
Information packs and application forms can be downloaded from our website https://www.leadingroles.com.au/job-search/ where you can also submit your resume with a covering letter. For a confidential discussion please contact Gemma Sheridan on 0407 009 243.
Applications for this position will close on Monday 9 July 2018 at 5pm.