Fraser Coast Regional Council is seeking an Environment and Sustainability Planner.
The main requirement of this position is to contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring, review and continuous improvement of the region's strategic environmental planning and sustainability policies, strategies and procedures.
Key duties will include;
- Develop, lead and coordinate environmental and sustainability projects.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Councils Climate Change (Coastal Hazards) Adaptation Program.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Councils water quality policy and projects.
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships throughout Council and in the community to ensure a collaborative approach in the delivery of outcomes.
Essential skills and experience will include;
- Demonstrated, advanced skills in developing policies, strategies and procedures related to environmental planning and sustainability.
- Strong project management, analytical and investigative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake the assessment of the natural environment aspects of development applications.
- Proven knowledge and demonstrated skills in interpreting and applying legislation relevant to planning, development and the environment.
Team fit will be critical to success in this role. Council are seeking candidates who can demonstrate integrity, maturity, excellent communication skills and keenness to work collaboratively with an established and high performing team.
The Fraser Coast sits at the crossroads of the Wide Bay Burnett, one of Australia's fastest-growing regions. This ideal location and affordable relaxed lifestyle, coupled with a diverse industrial base, creates exciting opportunities.
Fraser Coast Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders, people with a disability, and members of racial, ethnic and ethno-religious minority groups are encouraged to apply.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
For an information pack and to apply for this role, please click on the links below or for a confidential discussion please contact Kelly-Ann Lynch on 0425 343 293.