The Charters Towers Regional Council is offering an exciting opportunity for an Economic Development Officer.
The main requirement of this role is to assist the Planning and Community Services Directorate in the promotion and generation of sustainable business and economic development initiatives in the Charters Towers region.
This is a key role in the organisation and Council is seeking a Local Government professional with previous experience in the development and implementation of strategies, initiatives and activities that contribute to economic development.
Key duties and responsibilities will include;
- Drafting of the new Economic Development Strategy that will set the vision and plan for economic development for the next 5 to 10 years.
- Develop and deliver key economic development initiatives and drive identified projects.
- Liaise with government agencies business and investors to enhance economic development and employment opportunities across the region.
- Collate, research and analyse economic development and labour market data.
Applicants must demonstrate skills and experience in;
- Tertiary qualification in economics, business, marketing, planning or related field.
- Extensive knowledge and experience within a senior economic development role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in community facility tenure management.
- Experience in undertaking research and applying analytical skills in preparing documents and reports.
The Charters Towers Regional Council services a community of 12900 from the regional centre of Charters Towers, which is located 90 minutes to the West of Townsville. The Council employs approximately 250 staff, and has an annual budget of approximately $60M, including $19M capital works.
The Charters Towers Region is an important and diverse economic driver in the Queensland economy, with Mining, Tourism, Agriculture and Education the major industries. The region is poised for growth, with substantial investment planned in irrigated agriculture, urban and commercial development, mining and the construction and expansion of military facilities and infrastructure throughout the region.
Council is offering an excellent remuneration package, which reflects the significance of this position to the organisation and community, and to attract the highest calibre candidates.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
For further information, download the Briefing Pack for this role below or for a confidential discussion please contact Kelly-Ann Lynch on 0425 343 293.
The closing date for applications is Monday 7th May 2018 at 5pm.