Cook Shire Council is seeking a high performing Director Organisational Business Services to lead their Corporate Services team in their journey of transformation.
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
It is an exciting time to join council in their mission to deliver a high standard of services for community.
As a key member of the tight-knit and high performing executive leadership team, the Director Organisational Business Services will drive a program of work that is central to the transformation journey.
The Director will lead a large multi-disciplinary team across Human Resources, Customer Services, Workplace Health & Safety, Procurement, Information and IT Services, Financial Services, Governance and Risk, Native Title, Tenure and Property Management, Planning and Regulatory Services and Disaster Management.
The Director Organisational Business Services is responsible for providing strategic direction, expert advice, leadership and management of the overall operations of Council's Business Services directorate.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have significant and broad experience in a similar role in local government including finance and governance capability.
- Possess strong leadership skills and have experience of working in a fast paced and sometimes complex environment of change.
- Be a strategic thinker who can also manage the day to day business needs of the organisation.
- Have excellent communication skills, be proactive, and responsive with a positive attitude and open-door approach.
- Have solid skills and experience in project management methodology.
- Ideally have experience of working successfully in, or with remote and indigenous communities.
- Have tertiary qualifications in Business, Local Government or similar discipline, or other qualification relevant to the position.
- Postgraduate qualifications such as an MBA will be highly regarded.
Working and living in the Region
Cook Shire is the largest land area Shire in Queensland covering 106,000km2 and encompassing some 80% of the Cape York Peninsula region of Far North Queensland. Employment with Council offers stability and security, combined with a balanced, tropical lifestyle that comes with living in the region. The Cook Shire Council employs 155 staff and has an annual budget of $32.1m.
The Cook Shire Council is a progressive and forward-thinking organisation with a rich blend of culture and community connections and collaboration. Council brings tremendous positive opportunities and provides for a bright, healthy and sustainable future for the Shire, its residents and the communities.
Cook Shire enjoys a mild tropical climate with the wet season typically running from January to March, which is also the hottest part of the year. April to December brings a drier period and cooler weather, with temperatures averaging 27 degrees.
Considering a sea change or relocating to Cook Shire for employment? You will find that it is a growing region and the perfect place to be now and into the future. It is the largest land area shire in Queensland, and features a pristine coastline, culturally diverse community, friendly locals and huge potential for growth. Become a part of a flourishing and innovative Council and help drive and shape the future development of Cook Shire.
How to Apply
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Belinda Walker on 0411 449 447.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 2nd December 2019