Director of Works | Barcaldine Regional Council
- Leadership and strategic management of construction and maintenance works
- Key leadership role in the senior management team
- Attractive remuneration package with vehicle and subsidised housing
Barcaldine Regional Council is seeking a Director of Works to provide leadership and expert advice to the Works Department to enhance service delivery of council's construction and maintenance projects including roads and related infrastructure, water, wastewater and waste.
- Leading and being accountable for the outcomes and service delivery of council's construction and maintenance work groups and services
- Contractor and project management
- Develop and manage the construction and maintenance team
- Manage the operational and capital expenditure budget
- Contribute to the development and strategic direction of Council's service delivery to the community.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes:
- Demonstrated experience in senior operational management of construction and maintenance services in local government or similar entity
- Civil engineering qualifications (or similar) - highly desirable (Not essential)
- Formal qualifications in business management or local government - highly desirable
- Organisational leadership and people management skills, cultural awareness and the ability to plan, prioritise and deliver key objectives effectively
- Team player who will work with and, where required mentor staff and share knowledge with peers
- Structured, responsible, accountable and has a strong customer focus (Internal and external).
A great opportunity to make this role your own, develop your career and contribute to the community you live in. If you're ready for a rewarding career move - apply now!
Living and working in the Region
The Barcaldine region, in Central West Queensland, is home to five towns - Alpha, Jericho, Barcaldine, Aramac and Muttaburra - each with a unique charm. The rich heritage, indigenous culture, natural landscapes, variety of fauna and flora, lakes and rivers, arts, events and regular festivals ensure there is something for everyone to enjoy an active and social lifestyle.
How to Apply
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 19 April 2021.