Director Infrastructure Services | Whitsunday Regional Council, North Queensland
- Lead and manage the Infrastructure Services Directorate for Council
- Oversight of significant capital projects
- Four-year contract in the beautiful Whitsundays
Whitsunday Regional Council seeks a strategic and future-focused Director Infrastructure Services to contribute leadership and expertise to the council's infrastructure operations and as a member of the Executive Leadership Team.
The Director of Infrastructure Services provides strategic leadership and direction to a large multi-disciplinary team that delivers the council's roads and drainage, water and waste, parks and gardens, quarry, disaster recovery and disaster management functions.
The organisation is primed for success, and the new Director will have a leading role in creating a culture of performance, continuous improvement and customer service excellence throughout the infrastructure teams.
Qualifications, skills and attributes
- Experience leading an Infrastructure Services Directorate within local government including financial, asset and business management capability.
- Strong project management experience to lead key capital projects.
- Exceptional workforce leadership and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Engineering qualification (civil/construction).
- RPEQ registration or ability to obtain.
Living in the Region
Whitsundays is not only Australia's most dreamed-about tropical destination, it's a place where people love to work live, visit and play. It's home to pristine rainforests, spectacular national parks, secluded inlets and white sandy beaches. And if bush walking, hidden waterfalls and picnicking are not your thing, then head to the coast to spot humpback and pilot whales as they visit the Whitsundays every winter on their annual migration north. Whitsundays - your very own slice of paradise, all year round!
How to Apply
Please download the or contact Belinda Walker on 0411 449 447 for a confidential discussion about the role.
Applications close 5pm Monday 19 April 2021.