Director Infrastructure Services | Mount Isa City Council
- Shape infrastructure delivery for the Mount Isa region
- Lead the infrastructure team through a large organisational change project
- Drive team development, assets management and operational excellence
The Mount Isa City Council is seeking an experienced Director Infrastructure Services to lead, shape and maximise the delivery of infrastructure services in the region.
Mount Isa City Council is embarking on a substantial change project with organisational performance and sustainability the key goals. The change project will include embedding a new structure, a new CEO, executive leadership team and management structure, and improved systems.
This is an opportunity for an outcomes-focussed infrastructure leader to drive team development, assets management and operational performance, while resolving short and long-term issues in council's infrastructure and water services portfolio.
Key skills, experience and attributes sought
- Strategic advice and direction to Council in capital works planning and delivery, waste, water and wastewater.
- Infrastructure services leadership, organisational change management, project leadership and human resources management.
- Effective stakeholder engagement and community consultation, delivering high standards of customer service.
- Collaboratively developing and implementing a shared vision through a structured, measurable program of organisational leadership.
- Tertiary qualifications in a civil/environmental engineering discipline and post-graduate qualifications in Management or Business.
- RPEQ (Civil/Environmental) Registration - or ability to obtain.
Covering an area of 43,314 square kilometres, Mount Isa City Council has an annual budget of $70M, a team of 250 staff and a community of 22,000 people.
Mount Isa City Council seeks to create a city shaped by its unique geographical location that aspires to a high quality of life and prosperous future supported by a growing mining and minerals processing sector, expanding tourist trade and sustainable rural, commercial and industrial business.
Mount Isa is a vibrant, multicultural region, which entices people from all corners of the globe to make this wonderful outback city their home. It's a family friendly city, rich with community pride and a land of opportunity for those seeking career, work/life balance and outback lifestyle.
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications will close 5pm, Monday 14 December 2020.