Development Engineer | Lockyer Valley Regional Council | Gatton, Qld
Contribute to quality development outcomes for the Lockyer Valley region
The Development Engineer will work within Lockyer Valley Regional Council's Planning, Policy and Community Wellbeing Branch to ensure that development infrastructure and assets are designed, approved and constructed in accordance with local and statutory requirements.
In addition to inspecting and monitoring construction projects, the Development Engineer will assess land development applications to ensure regulatory compliance with Council's planning scheme, policies, and relevant design standards and guidelines.
The position is being offered as a 12-month fixed term (full time) role.
Benefits of the Role
- Work on a broad spectrum of development applications including urban, residential, rural, industrial and commercial projects
- Assist in the development of operational procedures and continuous improvement strategies within Council's development engineering department.
- Option to work a 9-day fortnight
- Provide accurate, high quality technical engineering advice to planning and development assessment staff and development proponents
- Undertake technical assessment of operational works and development applications for accuracy and compliance with relevant legislation, Council's planning scheme, design standards/guidelines, policies and best practice.
- Prepare technical and information reports and provide recommendations on development applications and associated matters.
- Conduct site inspections for assessment of development applications and monitoring of development construction works.
- Proactively engage with all relevant stakeholders using a positive and solutions-based approach.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering (or related discipline)
- Extensive practical experience in a similar position within local government, state agency or a private sector organisation
Working and living in the Region
Nestled in the eastern foothills of the Great Dividing Range, just one hour from Brisbane, Lockyer Valley has everything within easy reach. From top class restaurants, museums and art galleries to award winning boutique wineries, heritage trails and stunning national parks, Lockyer Valley is ideal for those looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. Lockyer Valley Regional Council serves a community of over 40,000 residents, with 329 staff and an annual operating budget $60m.
Council offers excellent working conditions and a range of generous employee benefits, including flexible working arrangements, training and professional development opportunities.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Pack for full details of this role. Follow the instructions on how to apply.
For a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell, Senior Talent Consultant - 0407 164 600
Applications close: 5.00pm Wednesday 19th August 2020