Corporate Communications Manager | Balonne Shire Council | St George, Qld
- Strategic communication opening
- Opportunity to enjoy a senior communications role
- Live and work in a regional Queensland location
Are you a communications specialist seeking a creative and challenging role in local government where no two days are the same?
As the Corporate Communications Manager for Balonne Shire Council, you will report directly to the CEO and work on strategic corporate communications to engage and connect with the local community.
- Develop effective communications strategies to engage with key stakeholders.
- Support the delivery of council's strategic plans - community plan, corporate plan and operational plan.
- Prepare corporate communications to promote the council and its activities actively.
- Manage internal communications, raising the profile of departments and project areas.
- Review, implement, and maintain Council's corporate communications and community engagement policies and strategies to ensure a consistent approach across the organisation.
Experience and qualifications required:
- Tertiary qualifications in journalism, communication, public relations, marketing, or related field.
- Exceptional writing, researching, editing, and proofreading skills and a passion for producing engaging content.
- Sound knowledge of current and emerging social media technology, trends, risks, and opportunities and how these apply to a corporate environment.
- Well organised with a proven ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines and competing priorities.
- Relevant professional experience, in similar positions.
There is plenty of scope to make this role your own and contribute to the community you live in. If you're ready for a rewarding career move - apply now!
Living and working in the Region
Proud of its arts and culture, Balonne Shire Council promotes sustainable communities and healthy lifestyles. Council also offers competitive remuneration and an enviable work/life balance. Is it time to swap the long commutes and traffic jams for a tree change in a vibrant community?
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Pack to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
For a confidential discussion please contact Katharine Ottaway on 0413578215
Applications close: 5pm Monday 11 July 2022.