Corporate Communications Coordinator | Balonne Shire Council | St George, Qld
Are you a communications specialist seeking a creative and challenging role in local government where no two days are the same?
As the Corporate Communications Coordinator for Balonne Shire Council, you will report directly to the CEO and work on strategic corporate communications to engage and connect with the local community.
- Develop effective communications strategies to engage with key stakeholders.
- Support the delivery of council's strategic plans - community plan, corporate plan and operational plan.
- Prepare corporate communicatons to actively promote council and its activities.
- Manage internal communicatons, raising the profile of departments and project areas.
- Review, implement and maintain Council's corporate communications and community engagement policies and strategies to ensure a consistent approach across the organisation.
Experience and qualifications required:
- Tertiary qualifications in communication, public relations, marketing or related field.
- Exceptional writing, researching, editing and proofreading skills and a passion for producing engaging content.
- Sound knowledge of current and emerging social media technology, trends, risks and opportunities and how these apply to a corporate environment.
- Well organised with a proven ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines and competing priorities.
- Relevant professional experience, in similar positions.
There's plenty of scope to make this role your own and contribute to the community you live in. If you're ready for a rewarding career move - apply now!
Living and working in the Region
Proud of its arts and culture, Balonne Shire Council promotes sustainable communities and healthy lifestyles. Council also offer competitive remuneration and enviable work/life balance. It's time to swap the long commutes and traffic jams for a tree change in a vibrant community.
How to Apply
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion please contact Belinda Walker on 0411 449 447.
Applications close: 5pm Thursday 3 December 2020.