Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
The Coordinator Strategic Planning position is being offered as a 3-year fixed term contract and will be responsible for providing strategic leadership and management of Council's Strategic Land Use Planning team. This role will ensure the development, finalisation and review of the Lockyer Valley Planning Scheme, strategic land use planning strategies and initiatives, Infrastructure Contributions and other studies, strategies and plans to guide the orderly and sequential development of the region. The successful candidate will have a key focus on innovation, customer service and leading a professional team to deliver excellent results for the future of the region.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be keen to learn, develop and progress your career;
- Be an advocate for innovation and strategic planning for a sustainable future;
- Be a confident communicator in both written and verbal formats; and
- Have the creative vision to develop, implement and review strategic planning schemes.
Experience and Qualifications required:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Urban and Regional Planning (or relevant discipline);
- Extensive experience (10+ years) in coordinating a high functioning team within a local government environment or similar environment;
- Demonstrated Post graduate qualifications in planning or a relevant discipline (including project management) will be highly regarded;
- High level of professional knowledge and substantial relevant experience in the land development industry and experience coordinating and leading a multidisciplinary team to achieve outcomes; and
- C Class open driver's License.
Council is offering a competitive salary package while working with a management team that values its employees and provides excellent opportunities for personal growth.
Apply with covering letter addressing the Position section of this information pack.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 12th August 2019.